Subject: Waveness...
From: [email-masked] (Dan J. Rockwell)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 1994 20:55:22 -0400 (EDT)

I've seen the light!  As a sales rep I see alot of things as long as I take
the time to stop and watch.  Well these past few days I got to see what
looks like to be the new LightWave 3D animation demo reel.  Now, I'm no
newbie, I've been using LightWave since it's arrival, but what I saw
two days ago was AWESOME.  LightWave will rock this industry now more than
ever now that it's multiplatform.  

On this animation demo reel were scenes from a new series called 
Battle Tech.  Which was totally new and fresh, and so exciting it sent me
modeling to my room.  I recently found out that this series will be shown on
the air mid-september, around the 17th - 24th I've been told.  Should be on
FOX. 

Also so new animation from the boys behind Babylon 5.  Which by the way, had
awesome Aliens soundtrack music following the action.  I don't know wheather
or not what I saw will show up in Babylon 5 or not, but it was just totally
awesome.  Mechs running on two legs with bullets flying.  What else can I
say...  

And, yes more.  Cool shots from RoboCop.  Ya know these guys working on
RoboCop have really got the compositing down!  You cant tell whats 3D and
whats not 3D!  

Also, even more, great new stuff from SeaQuest.  Wow... Moviemakers will
never have to go underwater again.  They too have done some real magic in
mating video with 3d.  

Anyways why am I telling you this... Well I just had too I guess.  As a
fellow lightwave addict, I feelt it's my jod to inform you on what's coming
up.  Especially that BattleTech series, mark your calenders!  

"LightWave, it's cheaper than a house..."   - Some unknown animator working
                                              on the Battle Tech series...

Dan Rockwell
Industrial Video Inc.